The first half of this school year has been full of successes:
- A former EVIT student challenged an Iron Chef on national TV.
- Fashion students were inspired to create "green" garments.
- Culinary students opened their own restaurant.
- Former Diamondbacks star Luis Gonzalez visited the campus and talked to students about hard work and dedication.
- Automotive students job-shadowed at local dealerships.
- Interior design students unveiled three new set designs for the video productions class.
- HOSA students raised more than $6,000 for autism research.
- Staff and students collected more than 2,000 canned food items for the United Food Bank.
- And cosmetology students held their annual Masquerade Hair Show and Competition.