Friday, September 25, 2009

Former EVIT student challenges Iron Chef

Former EVIT culinary student Julie Fiedler (pictured on the right) will be featured on Iron Chef America on Sunday, as part of a team of students challenging Iron Chef Michael Symon.

Tyler Burke, 24, Katelyn Remick, 21, and Julie, 20, are all students of the International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Phoenix.

"I've participated in competitions before, but nothing this extraordinary, so I feel extremely grateful for being selected," Julie said.

Julie attended the EVIT culinary program from 2005-2007. Julie's mother, Mary Fiedler, said EVIT helped Julie get a jumpstart on her career.

"She said, 'Mom, I know what I want to be when I grow up,' and boy did she know. She went into culinary at EVIT and loved it," Mary said.

The episode is scheduled to air Sept. 27 on the Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment