Monday, February 1, 2010

A fresh new look

You may have noticed the top of our EVIT News blog looks a little different today. That's because I have swapped out the old photo with a great new photographic collage.

I wish I could say I managed to design that myself. But I'm not that good. Instead, I called on one of EVIT's stellar multimedia technologies students to help me out.

I found Elise through a Google alert, which notifies me when someone posts something about EVIT on the Internet. Elise is a very talented photographer, and she keeps a photo blog in which she occasionally mentions projects she is working on for EVIT. When I first clicked on her blog, the second thing I noticed (after her amazing photographs) was that she had designed a blog header that was JUST like what I wanted to make for the EVIT blog. (To see her blog, and you should really check it out, click here.)

We began exchanging e-mails. I sent her some photos I had taken around campus, and she came up with several blog header versions (all for free, bless her heart). We met to discuss which ones I liked the best, she tweaked them a little more, and voila! New blog header!

Thank you, Elise. Your talents have made this blog look so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment