Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cooking for a Cause

*Drumroll*

The EVIT cookbook, "Cooking for a Cause," debuted yesterday at the EVIT Education Foundation breakfast!


This cookbook is a fundraiser for United Way and the project has been in the works since the beginning of the school year. It is made up of family recipes from our teachers, staff, board members and friends.

It is loaded with all kinds of tasty recipes (including my grandmother's applesauce, my mom's fruit pizza, and my mother-in-law's barbeque).

They are $10 or two for $15, and they are well worth the money (every penny of which goes directly to United Way).

I might be biased, having spent two weeks typing in recipes and editing the text, but I think it's pretty great. It was a real labor of love, and lots of people put lots of time into collecting the recipes, organizing them, designing the cover, and printing and binding the final product.

I think they'd make great Christmas gifts.

To buy a copy (or four), email cookbook@evit.com or call Liz Bortkun at 480-461-4160.

No comments:

Post a Comment